Flood Protection Gürbe – Belpmoos and Lehnen Canal
Comprehensive measures were implemented to improve flood protection in the Gürbe-Belpmoos area as part of a flood risk management plan: widening and renaturation of the River Gürbe and the Lehnen Canal, raising dam levels, bridge structures, expansion of existing outlets, various adjustments of utility lines and infrastructure, construction of a provisional meadow drainage pumping system.
This is a complex flood protection project caught between flood protection, floodplain protection and various usages. Complex processes and construction works in groundwater protection zones.The flood protection and restoration measures in Grübe-Belpmoos constituted part of the project “Flood Protection and Floodplain Revitalisation River Aare/Mouth of the River Gürbe”.
- Length of R. Gürbe: 2.8 km (Project section)
- Length of Lehnen Canal: 1.1 km
- Landscaping area approx. 68,000 m3
- Dam fill material approx. 95,000 m3
- Excavation and removal approx. 50,000 m3
Scope of services
- Application design for construction
- Implementation, incl. construction management and supervision